Greetings!
I haven't posted in over 2 months, and for that....Sorry. Really. I kind of left all online interaction with everyone, even my tumblr suffered. :( (But I should be back now :))
To start out with, half the reason I'm back on this blog is thanks to the lovely Dani Deathbiscuit. She wrote to me and asked why I'd been gone, and that made me realize that some of my followers/internet friends may actually be wondering what's going on with me. :)
Also, despite my new busy life, I don't want to forget about the blogging community. :)
------
Update time: I'm no longer a homeschooler. Finally, at 16 years old I've just had my first day at high school. :D
It was orientation day today, and I think I surprised myself by doing fairly well. I consider myself an introvert, someone who gets nervous in crowds and even in social interaction, and so going to a school with 400 people sounded a bit daunting for me.
The student orientation was amazing though. The principal had a brief speech, then we had several other teachers come up and talk - They all seem to be really funny and easy going, and I think I'll have fun working with them.
And the best part about this school? It's an 'Alternative' school which means no dress code/uniforms, as such I saw several highly alternative looking people around, one of whom I share 2 classes with. In English I had to interview her, her name's Eva, and we might just become friends. :DD
Also I met another girl named Montanna, she wants to be Goth but her mom won't even let her wear black! I tried to advise her on wearing subtle jewelry and slightly darker colors like purple and red. Do you guys have any suggestions for her? Her mom seems to be really strict, won't let Montanna listen to metal/alt/rock or any music that's 'strange' and she buys all of her clothes.
She's happy to have found me though. She said there weren't many Goths, Emos or Punks in the school, but I think she just has to look a little harder. :) After all, some like me were not so showy - I was rather plainly dressed in grey jeans and a black shirt. (Not so 'Gawth' lol)
Anyhow. I know a lot of you have had strict parents or have known strict people, so if you have any advice, I'd appreciate some tips for Montanna.
As for everything else, with all 5 classes I had to attend I was late for 3 of them, even though I asked for directions several times, I still got very very lost. :(
But for maths the teacher is a boss, seriously. I hate maths but I think I'll like being in his class. He's full of good jokes and makes everything very easy to understand. And seriously, (forgive me for rambling xD) when the teacher asked if everyone knew each others names, when he pointed to me, half the class knew who I was...This may sound strange to you, but just being noticed by people is pretty awesome!
In the history class I also met another guy, though stupidly I forgot his name. He's super into psychology, and as that's an interest of mine as well, we ended up talking for about half an hour while wandering around the campus.
Well, I guess that's my summary! I'm just really over the moon atm, as I never realised I could actually go to high school and make friends so easily! :) - And all 3 of us share 3 classes, so it's not like I'm on my own, (And both Montanna and the other guy don't like crowds much, we're all more of the not so social type, so that fits well with me!) and I found out my 'former' good friend is in my biology class. Ah well. Perhaps we'll get on good terms again.
---
Anyhow. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed my 'first day of school' post, and I'll try to get to all of your blogs and read your posts. (And comment)
-Sorry people I follow: You all have a tonne of posts and I haven't gotten to any of them, that'll be fixed shortly! :)
Farewell!
4 comments:
Wow, congratulations for joining school! I actually homeschooled until high school. I started school in year 7. I am glad it's an alternative school, sounds a lot better than a normal one. I've been to normal schools and a selective school, and the selective one was much better, it's easier to be weird there, you don't have to hide it.
Oh god, not the whole not letting your kid be goth thing. my mum was all over that! My advice for her would be to avoid black and go for Victorian gothic type pieces but mainly in lighter shades like white blouses, that sort of thing. If you wear quite demure clothing with a more historical style, how can mum complain? And dark green, purple and red and dark blue work fine. I am someone who thinks you don't have to wear black at all to like gothic things, my current favourite colours are all shades of blue and purple, including really light ones.
There is tonnes of stuff about that sort of thing on this blog: http://ultimategothguide.blogspot.com.au/
Also if she's on Facebook she should join the Ladies in Black group, always lots of support and friendship there.
I know it sounds stupid or whatever but if the parents are that down on goth culture, the best advice is really to stay under the radar, never say goth in their presence, play down your goth tastes in front of them, because once you invoke their fear/ anger, you do not hear the end of it until you leave home (in my case anyhow)
Also she can listen to that stuff on YouTube when her parents aren't home. All the classic stuff is on YouTube. and then there are no CDs for them to find. unless they check computer browsing history, but you can delete that. And listen to stuff at her friends places.
It;s great you met so many interesting people, most high schools don't have a lot of them! I hope you really love the school!
sorry should have been http://ultimategothguide.blogspot.com I dont know why the au keeps adding itself to addressees, mine is au not that one!
Yaaaaay! I'm so glad you're back! You always leave the sweetest comments and your posts are always entertaining. I missed you a lot! I'm happy your first day of school went so well, and it seems like you'll have some fun alternative people to hang out with. Isn't it awesome to meet people with similar interests? I know I was floored when I went to my first club last week, there was AN ENTIRE ROOM full of goths! Of course we're goths though, so everyone was dancing in their own little bubbles and not making eye contact. Crowd phobia seems to run in the scene. :D
Anyways, looking forward to some updates from you!!
I'm glad to see you're back! Regarding Montanna, maybe she can make friends who can give her clothes or lend them to her. She might have to hide them though.
Post a Comment