I was really surprised and happy at the response my last post got. I expected everyone to have moved on, but I found out through all the lovely comments that a lot of people had missed me and several had been checking to see if I had posted! *Gives stacks of hugs to everyone <3*
Since I don't have stacks of homework atm (Just did my first exams last week *ugh*) I wrote this post. I figured that perhaps some of you would like to see what I've been up to over the last 6 months while this blog's been on hiatus. (Life update post yay)
----
As I mentioned in the last post, school has been a huge adjustment and a lot of work, but the friends I've made have more than made up for any difficulties. It's just been awesome having people to hang out with, and my new best friend, Sarah, is the most amazing person ever and we've had such a great time. What's the best thing about this is that these friends of mine accept me for who I am and how I choose to look.
In a past post I talked about how I had a friend named Alisha, and how her and her mom gave me weird looks and made me feel so uncomfortable about dressing Goth that I got super upset. I'm thankful for the support you bloggers all gave me, several people told me that sometime I would find real friends that would appreciate me for who I was - and it seems like that's happened. :) I also was going through a very bad bout of depression last year about having no irl friends and not feeling accepted, I'm doing a lot better now. Regarding Alisha, I've decided to cut ties with her, I saw her recently and she still hasn't accepted me even though I've changed my look quite a bit.
A valuable thing to learn is that if someone doesn't appreciate you for who you are, or if they just make you feel inferior, let them go! It took me so long to get that but now that I have, everything has been so much better.
-----
Anyhow. Now for some photos to show what I've been up to! :)
| Makeup experiments |
| Is this a good look? :P |
Regarding fashion, this year I found a lovely store near me called 'Into Camelot' (Thanks Dani for the reference) It sells medieval and Gothy fashion, and I honestly felt like I'd walked into paradise when I went there.
I bought two dresses, one black medieval and one neo-victorianish one. Also I bought a pair of purple and black fingerless gloves. (Will post pictures of these things when I can)
As for everyday fashion, I've moved on from trying to 'Goth up' all the time. Even though my school lets you wear whatever you want I don't dress Goth very often. My style at the moment is veering towards a 'Rock Chick' kind of look. (Is that what you call it idk)
I guess this fashion change has been inspired by my recent music change from Gothic rock to 80s glam rock and metal. I still love Sisters of Mercy and such, but stuff like Poison (Which Sarah got me into :), Skid Row, Motley Crue, Guns N' Roses, etc, has been my music lately.
Instead of lace, skirts, Victorian inspired hairstyles and whatnot, I feel more like dressing in band shirts, teased hair and black jeans or something. (Massive change much? :P)
----
Well, that's the end of this post. Here's a few more photos to end with.
| My 17th Birthday |
| My ever growing poster collection |
I hope that this was a decent post to begin with, and I hope that there'll be better quality posts in the future. *Shifts*
For future posts I have a few ideas like life updates (Like my trip to the Perth Medieval Festival and Ice-Skating) for the sake of it, and I'll get more of Mordor's Kitchen up since I promised I'd continue that.
As for other things, I love getting questions or ideas for posts, so if anyone has any ideas or things they'd like me to post about, please comment and tell me - I'll be sure to work on it as soon as I have any free time.
Also I've just made a poll regarding what you, my lovely followers, would like me to post. If you'd like to vote for your preferred option, I'd really appreciate it. If there's something you'd like that I haven't included in the poll, please tell me in a comment! :)
Regarding this post:
What about all of you? What fashion and music changes have you made recently that were not 'strictly Goth'? What have you been up to over the past 6 months? Tell me in the comments!
Farewell!
6 comments:
In the past six months I've had my first meaningful relationship (and first painful breakup) so it has been a busy time. I let my fashion slide a bit, so I've mainly been wearing very basic outfits (think black jeans, T-shirt, work boots, and trench coat). It's still goth, but more casual. I haven't been wearing any makeup, but I think I might start wearing lipstick again soon.
As for music, I've been listening a lot to Covenant. I'm not sure if people would consider that goth or not, but I don't mind either way, really.
It's really nice to have you blogging again. I bet you didn't think your questions would get quite so long an answer! :)
It's always encouraging if I want to erase all my blogs, tumblrs, etc.. and someone just come from hiatus to blogging again. It remembers me that maybe if I did that, I would regret it. :)
I'm so glad you loved Into Camelot!
Oh god, I just -dies- they're amazing in there. Absolutely lovely ladies who work there. Being in that little part of Fremantle is like a dream.
Love all of the little shops in there c: like the tea store, the faerie store <3 gosh!
Yay! We must shop sometime when we both have time and I'm down ;D
You look really pretty in the "is this a good look picture" :P I understand about your style changes, (and huzzah for 80's glam rock! Did you know Nikki Sixx has a late night talk show?) and I think it's good for everyone to dress spontaneously to suit their mood. Of course, most days I run around looking as though I've just risen from the grave, and I feel awesome. Actually, I've been spotted recently in earth tones and natural stone jewlery, reminiscent of my hippie middle school days (I actually didn't wear black to my graduation *gasp*) But some days, I just want to lounge about in jeans and a t-shirt, and I've found if I "force" myself to get gothed up, stares that usually bounce off me make me feel really insecure. This works both ways, if I feel like getting gothy and I go out in no make up and "normal" clothes, I feel really weird. This has been a hassle with job interviews, because I have to dress down, and then my confidence is down and I don't get hired. :( As for me, I'd like to see some of everything you posted in your poll! I really like outfit posts and I'm curious to see what you Rock Chicks get up to down under (gosh that sounds dirty) :D
The past six months have been a whirlwind! I finished me first year of college. I've fallen in love with an Astronomer. In the same week he told those three little words to me, I found out my grandmother (one of my favorite people) has pancreatic cancer, of which she will not come back from.
As far as style changes go, I've grown more eclectic. And as for music, I still enjoy gothic rock. I've branched out in that area as well. I enjoy much 80's and 90's genres in general. I'm also being introduced to Folk and Classical.
Good luck with school and with your music and style developments! I'll be excited to see you in my blog feed.
Nice to see you back! I have always loved your blog content!I know it can be hard to blog sometimes when your energy is so focussed on other things.
Eh last six months I have gotten engaged, became a personal trainer and as for fashion, well I have have spent far more time in gym gear than corsets and platforms;)Real clothes are so uncomfortable to me now :p
I am looking forward to more posts from you! :)
Post a Comment